Welcome to the official website of University of Rwanda's College of Science and Technology (UR-CST). Our website aims at providing you with all the information you need to know about our College. We are committed to advancing Rwanda’s development by graduating highly skilled people for the country’s economy and by providing scientific and technological assistance and services to all sections of the community. Our vision is to become a centre of excellence in Science and Technology education, comparable in standard to the very best in the world.
UR-CST is a unique community of students and staff dedicated to bringing out the best in all its members. Our aim is to provide the best possible environment for teaching, learning, research and public services, and our track record of success is well known in East Africa, Africa and the rest of the world. Today, the college prides in a highly motivated student population that has rapidly grown over the years, a well qualified and diversified staff, more classroom space and modern laboratory infrastructure. Today, UR-CST has graduated over 1,000 in different disciplines.
More detailed information about our College is available on the 'More About Us' menu on the right and also categorised in a number of pages on our website, we are eager to receive your opinions and suggestions in a constructive way in order to improve information on our website. In case you are looking for something you cannot find on our website, please reach us using the information on our Contact Us page.
UR-CST's Vision is to be an internationally renowned and regionally engaged African University. With the aim of delivering programmes of academic learning to the highest international standards, engaged in world class fundamental, strategic and applied research and providing services to the community and business whilst remaining true to our commitment to be responsive to the needs of Rwanda.
While our Mission as laid down in our Statute is:
1. To equip students with advanced skills with a view to increasing manpower and capacity for national development.
2. To promote research, based on the disciplines offered at UR-CST.
3. To disseminate the results of research through teaching, seminars, conferences, public lectures, publications and other appropriate means.
4. To provide consultancy services to government, industry, the private sector and the community at large.
5. To engage in income-generating activities with a view to creating awareness of lucrative investment.
6. To collaborate with other academic, professional, technical and research institutions in and outside Rwanda for educational and technological development.
7. To develop and promote close collaboration with the private sector and the community so as to enrich UR-CST’s programmes.
8. To make provision for the advancement, transmission and preservation of knowledge and to sustain intellectual life in Rwanda.
9. To contribute to the cultural, civic and moral training of its students and to participate actively in the economic and socio-cultural development of the country.
UR-CST has two campuses: The Main Campus is located in Upper Kiyovu on Avenue de L’Armée, in the heart of Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda. It is within easy reach of Kigali’s shopping centres, government ministries, hotels, airline offices, the central and private hospitals and clinics, and is only twenty-minute drive from Kigali International Airport.
The Remera Campus is in the outskirts of the city and houses the Centre for Innovations and Technology Transfer (CITT). To schedule a campus visit or find more details on how to reach us, visit our Contact Us page.
Our facilities include:
1. Storeyed library with a total area of 768 m2 with about 11,000 volumes.
2. 1123 computers, of which 902 are being used by students and 221 for staff. All computers are connected to the Internet.
3. An English Reading Room furnished by the British Embassy in Kigali.
4. An American Corner, funded by the United States Embassy in Kigali, with 10 states of art computers for use as a digital library.
5. Sports grounds for basketball, volleyball, football, handball and martial arts
6. Staff and students Canteen with a 36 inch Television connected to the Digital Satelite TV Channels
7. One Medical Clinic located at Kiyovu (the main campus).
8. Students clubs: Environmental Club, Anti – AIDS Club, Unity and Reconciliation Club, Rotaract Club, Drama Club, Karate Club, Cultural Troupe, to mention but a few.