Exit Award: Master of Business Administration
Campus: Gikondo Campus
Duration: Two(3) Years
Attendance Mode: Fulltime/ Evening
MBA Program seeks to equip participants with skills, techniques and the necessary understanding required for successful managerial careers in the public and private sector. The program aim to provide students with the required tools for decision-making and data analysis. Teaching goes beyond theoretical concepts to practical knowledge based on case studies and real life experiences; hence, shared experiences by the diverse student body are an integral part of this MBA program.
Master of Business Administration is a two-Year programme of 240 credits split into four(4) semesters. The first two semesters cover common modules of 130 credits which are compulasory to all candidates, the third semester covers 50 credits modules of speciallization and the fourth semester is has only 60 credits masters thesis.
Below is a breakdown of modules and credits.
|Module Title||Semester||Number of Credits|
|Business Statistics and Research Methods||I||15|
|Economic Analysis for Business||I||10|
|Corporate Governance and Leadership||I||10|
|Human Resources Management||I||10|
|Accounting for Managers||II||10|
|Quantitative Methods for Managers||II||15|
|Marketing in Global Arena||II||10|
|Operations and Supply Chain Management||II||10|
|Principles and Practice of Banking||III||10|
|Small Business Banking||III||10|
|Risk Management in Banking Sector||III||10|
|Thesis Writing Workshop||III||10|
|Master Thesis (Thesis should be written within elective stream chosen)||IV||60|
Applicants should hold the following qualification from any recognised university/institution:
- Bachelor Degree in BBA or Social Sciences; all Bachelor Degrees with at least Second-Class Honours, Upper Division (level 5 in the Rwandan Qualification Framework) or a qualification deemed equivalent (Overall Grade Point Average – 65% for NUR Old System i.e. before 2012).
- Be fluent in English and able to follow courses in English
Interested candidates should submit hard copies of their applications to the Office of Master’s Program at UR-College of Business and Economics (CBE), Gikondo campus or Huye campus.
- An application fee of Rwf.10, 000 (non-refundable) is required.
- Detailed admission procedures shall be communicated to successful candidates after initial screening of documents.
- Only eligible candidates will be called for written test and subsequent interview.
- Upon selection candidates will have to submit a commitment letter written by themselves (if self-funded) an/or from their employer to fulfill the requirements of the programmes of study.
- Fill in the application form, downloadable from the University’s website (Click here to download this form)
- Application letter addressed to the Principal of College of Business and Economics
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of National Identity card/passport
- Two passport photos
- Certified copies of Bachelor’s Degree and Certified copies of Academic Transcripts
- Recommendation letters from two referees within the academic field
A proof of payment of a non refundable application fee of 10,000 Rwf payable to the College of Business and Economics account 0940651932-39 BK.