A 5-day workshop, organized by IEEE, ICTP and EAIFR
Background and purpose
A 5-day workshop, organized by IEEE, ICTP and EAIFR, will be conducted at the University of Rwanda, Kigali. Participants will be introduced to the basics of entrepreneurship – seeking opportunities for innovative technical solutions to the needs of the society and taking these ideas to the market by developing a viable business model, a sound business plan and a commercialization strategy.
* Scientists and Engineers as entrepreneurs
* Opportunity and value assessment
* Intellectual Property (IP)
* Business plan fundamentals
* Technology readiness levels
* Invention to product: timelines and processes
* Tools for financial estimations
* Pitching for cash
* Networking, communication and presentation skills
* Case studies and group projects.
This workshop is open to young engineers, science graduates (masters and doctoral levels) and young researchers from Rwanda and Uganda who have a high motivation for becoming technical entrepreneurs (technopreneurs). Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Selection of participants will be based on their technical background and also their strong motivation to become entrepreneurs. Applications for participation for the workshop can be found at:
Deadline for application: April 15, 2018
Organizing team: IEEE, ICTP, ICTP-EAIFR, UR