1. University of Rwanda (UR) through its Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (UR-CIE) partners with These Numbers Have Faces (TNHF), a non profit organization operating in Rwanda (http://thesenumbers.org) to support young UR students and alumni entrepreneurs to successfully thrive in their businesses through regular mentorship and training sessions, access to network and opportunity to access business investments. In this context, UR students benefit from one of TNHF programs that is “The Accelerate Academy”. The Accelerate Academy is one of TNHF programs to invest in and empower the young entrepreneurial generation to become the engine of the entrepreneurial ecosystem development in Rwanda. The Accelerate Academy starts from a three days intensive business plan training & mentorship where more than 100 young entrepreneurs meet and get mentored by both US business experts and Rwandan local business leaders to improve their business idea and enhance their leadership skills. This event branded as “The Accelerate Summit” leads to the selection of few number of best promising entrepreneurs to join The Accelerate Academy, which encompasses all aspects of a business incubation program ranging from mentorship and regular coaching, training and investment pitch.
2. The next Accelerate Summit is planned to take place in Kigali, Rwanda on Wednesday, October 24th through Friday, October 26th 2018. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT SERVES TO ENCOURAGE UR STUDENTS TO APPLY.
3. How to apply: you can apply from the following website: https://bit.ly/2018aa
4. Application deadline: September 30th, 2018
5. Requirements: detailed on the same website indicated above ( https://bit.ly/2018aa)
6. For more information about TNHF programs including “Accelerate Academy”, please visit TNHF website (http://thesenumbers.org/programs/).
Dr. Emile BIENVENU